Mediation is a structured negotiation process in which an independent person, known as a mediator, assists the parties to identify and assess options and negotiate an agreement to resolve their dispute. Mediation (and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)), are increasingly prominent features of modern litigation.
Mediation Panel Appointments
Court of Arbitration for Sport
International Mediation Institute
DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Centre
Singapore International Mediation Institute
AIAC Mediation Panel
ACICA Mediation Panel
Resolution Institute Panel of Advanced Mediators
Supreme Court of NSW Mediation Panel
District Court of NSW Mediation Panel
Anthony is accredited as an advanced mediator by Resolution Institute (formerly LEADR). He is also accredited the New South Wales Bar Association under the National Mediator Accreditation System Standards (NMAS). He is ranked by “Doyles Guide to the Australian Legal Profession” as a leading mediator in New South Wales, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
As part of his ongoing commitment to excellence in mediation, in 2017 Anthony attained certification as a mediator by the International Mediation Institute (IMI) and the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) and in doing so joins a select number of mediators in Australia to achieve that qualification and the only Silk.
In recognition of his specialist knowledge of mediation and sports law, in January 2016, Anthony was appointed by the International Council of Arbitration for Sport (ICAS) as a mediator of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and in February 2019 he was appointed to the mediation panel of Sport Resolutions (UK).
Anthony has acted as mediator in a vast array of matters since he was first accredited in 1993 and has successfully mediated hundreds of complex disputes. He uses his experience as both Senior Counsel and as an internationally and nationally accredited mediator to quickly identify the issues and to gain an understanding of the position of each party so as to assist in facilitating a fair and efficient resolution to a dispute.
Anthony’s work as a mediator includes:
- Banking disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Corporations law disputes including claims arising from insolvency
- Partnership disputes
- Disputes between joint venturers
- Disputes between lenders and valuers involving allegations of negligent property valuation
- Medical negligence
- Claims involving alleged negligence by lawyers
- Claims involving the alleged negligence of town planners
- Claims involving the alleged negligence of accountants
- Claims against investment advisors including financial planners
- Claims against directors and officers
- Employment disputes
- Claims involving restraints of trade
- Building disputes
- Claims involving damages for personal injury
- Shareholder disputes
- Succession claims
- Planning disputes
- Building and construction claims
- Property disputes
- Sports disputes
- Claims involving compensation by victims of historic institutional abuse
He conducts mediations across Australia and internationally in person and online.